This week, Phase 1a of the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out began across the country. Priority groups in Phase 1 include people living and working in residential aged care and residential disability care settings, which are two key areas of service we provide at Mercy Community.
For Mercy Community, ensuring the health and safety of the people we support, as well as our team, is critical. We have set up a working group to help facilitate the roll-out of the vaccine and make sure the process runs as smoothly as possible. This includes processes for informed consent—a crucial part of looking after the people we support in aged care and disability services, as well as looking after our staff.
The COVID-19 vaccine is a safe way to protect ourselves, our families and the community. Also, important to note:
- the COVID-19 vaccination is free
- you can choose whether to have the vaccination or not. The Australian Government and Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) strongly encourages everyone to get vaccinated, and we support this.
In the meantime, there are things you can do to be ready for the COVID-19 vaccine, as advised by the Federal Government on health.gov.au:
- Continue to practice good hygiene, physical distancing, follow the limits for public gatherings, and understand how to isolate if you need to.
- Make sure your Medicare details are correct.
- Check when you may be able to receive your COVID-19 vaccine.
To stay informed about the latest updates, please refer to the Australian Government’s COVID-19 vaccines website.
We look forward to taking these steps toward a safer community, where especially those who are most vulnerable are protected from COVID-19. Please follow us here or on social media for further updates on our COVID-19 vaccine roll-out.
Queries or concerns
If you have any queries or concerns, you have the choice of contacting:
For general enquiries call 3866 4160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries regarding our disability services contact Sandra Bain, Director, NDIS Individualised Support, on 3866 4237 or email email@example.com
For enquiries regarding our Nudgee Aged Care facility, contact Loretta Creevey, Facilities Manager, on 3260 9555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out at Mercy Community, please do not hesitate to contact us.